Q: Can caliper paint damage brake rotor

Can getting caliper paint on the brake rotor do damage? Need to know as this is my weekend project on my son's car.

Only if you leave it on there. You can paint it and if it gets on the caliper, all you’ve got to do is turn the caliper, get some brake spray cleaner, spray it on, and wipe it off. Paint doesn’t stick that fast and it takes days for this stuff to dry good. So if it does get on the rotor when you are spraying calipers, just turn it and wipe it off with some brake spray cleaners. You can spray steel with any kind of paint, and within an hour or so, just get some brake cleaner or any kind of carburetor cleaner and spray it on. You will be able to wipe it right off of the bare steel and it won’t make any problems at all.

3. Can caliper paint damage brake rotor