Q: Car died, but restarts immediately

Two days ago, my car just died for the first time. All of the electrical systems also shut off - the lights, radio, etc. It did immediately start the next time and ran very well the past two days since that incident. However, today it did it again. When it starts back up, it performs just fine, but I have to reset the radio, clock, date, etc., as if the battery had been disconnected. In your professional experience, what is causing this and what should I do to fix it?

Your 2006 BMW 545i may be losing main power supply to the main fuse power module from the battery. If you lose the connection, it would also cause the loss of radio and clock memory. Check the battery connections and the connection at the main power module where the fuses and relays are located. If you need help with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your starting issue and electric problem.

3. Q: Car died, but restarts immediately