Q: Clicking sound when the car is slowing down or stopping

asked by on July 16, 2017

There is a clicking sound when car slows down or is about to stop It sounds like it's underneath the driver side

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello there. In most cases when you hear a repeating clicking sound as you brake, it is likely coming from one of three sources. First, it could be a wheel bearing that is wearing out. Second, it might be a warped brake rotor or a sign that brake pads are wearing out and need to be replaced. It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection to determine where the noise is coming from and recommend the right repairs.