Q: Nissan Sentra 2007 problems with the tension pulley

asked by on April 28, 2017

I have an old Nissan Sentra 2007 the problem that I have is that I have changed the tensioner pulley and the serpentine belt 3 times this year for some reason the both of those pieces get kind of lose and they make a weird noise when I try accelerate or when I stop the car also feel like something gets stuck in the car Is there anything else that need to be replaced? Is some other part that is runining the pieces that I replace ?

Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a few things you need to look into. One, have you been buying the same brand of tensioner, and have they been warrantied? You may want to make sure you are getting a higher quality tensioner to begin with, or at least make you can get your money back for them. Secondly, you should make sure that the mounting bolts are not stripped or loose allowing the tensioner to rotate or move. It needs to be secured tightly. There are other pulleys in the system that the drive belt depends on. Make sure the idler pulley, and all of the other pulleys connected to the respective components are working as designed. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.