Q: V8 Engine swap

How much would this cost I can deal with a junk yard engine. I'm looking for cheapest route for diy, finding a backyard mechanic, and professional mechanics . Also would it just be better to buy another similar car with an 8 in it. This blazer's engine is bad and if I have to replace it if prefer an 8.

Hi there. It is not terribly hard to do a V8 swap on this vehicle. The main thing that is needed is the retrofit kit. This makes the job easy and it will make it to where everything fits well. These kits can be purchased online. If you do not use one of these then you will have issues with the engine fitting. If you are looking for the most cost effective way to do this you can find a wrecked vehicle with a standard 350 V8 with a carburetor. If you chose to go with injection you will need addition computers and wiring. You will also need to bypass the factory security system on your vehicle. You will also need to use the matching transmission as yours will not stand up to the V8. Once that is done the driveshaft will need to be shortened for it to all fit. You should get some assistance from a certified mechanic that can help you with this.

3. V8 Engine swap