Q: What's wrong when the starts and runs than starts sputtering and the car smells like burnt oil

asked by on May 21, 2017

What's wrong when the car takes forever to start than when it starts it runs for a maybe 30 minutes than starts sputtering and dies. It won't restart and it smells like burnt oil

You need to check the oil and coolant to see if the coolant is low and oil is contaminated with coolant. This engine is known to have intake manifold coolant leaks into the engine and the head gaskets leak coolant. Also the intake and heads get corroded and can leak. I would recommend having the engine checked for overheating and coolant in the oil by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.