Q: Q: Clutch pedal goes to the floor and doesn't return

Clutch pedal goes to the floor and doesn't return. On another site someone said

"Check if clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is bad. The master or slave cylinder can fail due to an internal or external seal leak. The most common seems to be external seal leakage. Inspect the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder for leakage and rebuild or replace if leaking. One check you can perform on the master cylinder is to depress the clutch pedal while someone watches the brake fluid reservoir level. If the level rises while the clutch pedal is being depressed, the clutch master cylinder is bad and should be rebuilt or replaced"

My brake and clutch are separate reservoirs so do I watch the clutch reservoir and is it the same if level rises bad master?

Hello, thanks for your question. You could watch the clutch fluid as it mentions in the test, but this really doesn’t tell you much. Most of the time this is caused by a bad clutch master cylinder. If the fluid level is low the first thing to do would be to locate the leak. If the fluid is full then I watch to see that he clutch slave is moving when the clutch is pressed. If it is and if it is releasing but the pedal stays down then that is another reason to change the clutch master. If the clutch slave and fork are not releasing then it may have an internal clutch failure. If you would like help getting this inspected or repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to perform the inspection and make or suggest any repairs needed.

3. Q: Clutch pedal goes to the floor and doesn't return