Q: I have a 01 mustang dashes on odometer theft light flash I tryed cleaning fuel pump hook up and accidently touched two together

asked by on October 01, 2017

Theft light flashing and dashes on odometer I have already replay ed the fuse under fender and I cleaned the hookup to the fuel pump and I used a screwdriver to do so And it sparked and now won't start it will crank but won't run

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It’s quite possible that the spark may have activated a security error code and disabled the ignition system. This can be removed in most cases by a professional mechanic by using a digital scanner. However, it’s also possible that an existing mechanical problem, such as a damaged crank or cam sensor is causing this problem. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to help diagnose this problem.