Q: Brake problems

asked by on October 10, 2016

When I hit brakes my truck yanks left. I narrowed it down to the front passenger brakes. I can't get any fluid out of that caliper. I replaced the caliper, rubber brake line, then the master cylinder. None of these have changed anything. If I use a vacuum bleeder in the bleeder valve it holds pressure. The brake pedal is firm as it should be. Something is stopping the fluid from passing. The metal brake lines all seem good. I'm assuming it has something to do with abs.

Although I’m not there to inspect your Ford Super Duty, it would seem logical to inspect your Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). This component reads all of the braking system’s sensors and activates the ABS or traction control system when it detects it is necessary. When the EBCM fails it can disable the ABS and sometimes cause issues with braking the vehicle. If you have access to a professional digital scanner, plug it in to see if you get any error codes (U-0121 is common) or contact a local professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your braking issues for you.