Q: Stabilitrak System

asked by on April 16, 2017

2009 Saturn Vue with 128k miles was running great - took it into a Chevy dealership to perform manufacturers recall on dash. Within days Stabilitrak Off light started popping up - first when at stop light. Took it back to dealership - it would not pop up when I brought it in. 2 weeks later Onstar sends me monthly notice with 2 immediate warnings - stabilitrak off and anti lock brakes off - brought it back to dealership. They reset and downloaded codes. It worked for 2 days now car dings frequently and stabilitrak off pops up all the time. Please help

Hi there. Unfortunately, this sounds like it’s an ECU issue, most likely a software glitch that is causing the inconsistent operation of the ABS and Stabilitrak warning lights. It is possible however, that this is caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor, ABS module or perhaps a transmission sensor issue. If the dealership was unable to detect a malfunction of these sensors or components, I’m not sure how our mobile mechanics could help. I would recommend calling the dealership service department to ask them about this issue and what they can do to resolve this issue.