Q: Oil leak on a 1996 Dodge Neon

asked by on April 12, 2016

I have a 1996 Dodge Neon with the bad oil leak but mechanic can't figure out where it is coming from. What should I do?

Watch my video "finding and fixing car oil leaks" and find another mechanic. In that video, I show how to put ultra-violet dye into the engine and then run it. The green dye fluorescents where the leak is.

You can get a little kit--which you can get at an Auto parts store. They sell a 30 - 40 dollar kits and they come with a little yellow sunglasses and a UV light. You put on the yellow sunglasses and shine the UV light and wherever the green dye comes up--that’s where the leak is. You can’t miss the leak with that. It always finds it.

If you would like to have a trained technician take care of the leak for you, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to detect the oil leak and make a repair.