Q: my Service Engine light came on, and oil level is good,all gages are normal, but then I noticed taking off from the light, the car

asked by on June 23, 2017

My service engine light came on, and all gages are fine, pulled into driveway, and checked gas cap, tight and not loose, also after the light came on noticed, that trying to take off, from a stop light, that my vehicle was not wanting to go as if something was holding it back. Backing up great trying to go forward not so great, hoping its not the Tranny, only have had the Pathfinder, a month, runs great except for about 30 min ago. Maybe low on Fluid

Inasmuch as the check engine light is on, important clues to what’s going on with your car may have been stored by your car’s computer. The best thing to do is request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will download any stored codes and the accompanying "freeze frame" data and also use a scan tool to look at real time engine operating conditions. Using the downloaded codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are then carefully tested, based on specifications set forth in your car’s Factory Service Manual, to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.