Q: engine is missing an surging an idle is rough - 1994 Mazda B4000

asked by on September 05, 2016

I'm having missing an rough idle not running well at all no vaccum leaks I cleaned egr valve that helped a little it sounds like my coil pack but not sure I put new plugs an wires in it changed the running a little it doesn't effect my gas mileage at all it jerks going down the hwy an pings when I give it gas up hill this is my daily driver

Hello. This sounds like you have a lean running engine. This can be from carbon build up on the valves and dirty or clogged injectors. Have the combustion chamber and injectors cleaned. Then see if the engine runs better. If you need help with this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the misfire and rough idle.