Q: I think the anti theft system is at fault, can we disable it?

asked by on November 16, 2016

The flashers blink and horn beeps as soon as you open the door. When you turn the key to on position nothing happens.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Do you get a different response when unlocking the vehicle with the key fob first? In this case, there may be some confusion in the anti-theft system which should be looked into by your local dealer. Often disabling the anti-theft system will immobilize the vehicle as if a thief were trying to disable the system in an attempt to steal the vehicle. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to take a closer look at the anti-theft issue and determine whether there is a simple fault or the vehicle needs to go back to the dealer for reprogramming.