Q: My transmission is knocking really hard when accelerating. I can feel it right under my middle console.

My transmission is knocking really hard when accelerating I can feel it right under my middle counsel The knocking only gets louder as you accelerate

A: This problem is most likely caused by a rap...

This problem is most likely caused by a rapidly failing driveshaft coupling (or "guibo"). These couplings are actually rubber doughnuts, with steel couplings for attachment to the transmission and driveshaft, transmitting power to the rear differential.

The rubber portion of the coupling deteriorates over time; more rapidly if hard acceleration is common. It is also possible that the transmission mount has failed, or is weak, allowing more severe gyrations of the driveshaft.

I would recommend having the vibrating/shaking issue inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to confirm this diagnosis, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.