Q: Transmission won't go into 2nd 2002 GMC Sierra 1500

I have a 02 GMC sierra 1500 and the transmission will not shift into 2nd gear...I plan on pulling the transmission to look it over but do you have any idea of what it could be? Thank you

Hi - there are several potential problems that would create the "no shift to 2nd" behavior you are experiencing. First - check all fuses for the transmission - shifting is electronic on your 4L80E transmission. If your speedometer is not functioning, that will prevent an upshift. Also, a bad shift solenoid in the transmission will cause this behavior. For some additional diagnostic help, I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Transmission won't go into 2nd 2002 GMC Sierra 1500