Q: No shifting when placed in D drive. Partial functionality by manually shifting.

asked by on May 20, 2016

Vehicle sat for last 10 years. Bringing it back to life now. Engine runs perfectly after injection unit. In drive the vehicle takes off but will not shift. It appears to be in 2nd. Manually shift to 3 and no change when moving. Manually shifting to 2 the tranny shift into what appears to be 3rd smoothly. When manually shifting to 1, it truly appears to be a low 1st gear. Reverse work fine. No check engine lights. Is VSS the culprit here? And are there more than one as I see 2 types when looking. Thanks