Q: I have dodge 2500 5.9 diesel 24 valve, when idle it's fine and when speed up to 60 it lose power then comes back

asked by on June 05, 2017

When start my truck idles fine when get down road up to 50 or 65 it sometimes drops throtle when trying to maintain speed limit ...then when comes back if let off the pedal and push on it... I just replace maps sensor and still doing it

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.