Q: Brake dust

asked by on October 09, 2016

What is in my trucks brakes that the dust is harmful

Brake Pads Replacement $125.62 - $449.32 Get a Quote
Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Asbestos was, and in some cases is still, used in the brake lining and clutch materials on many modern vehicles. It offers good strength, temperature, and chemical resistance and is cheap compared to other materials that are used for the same purpose. The physical properties that make asbestos such a good fiber also make it a hazardous substance as it is a known material that can get lodged in a human’s lungs and cause lung cancer. It is important to maintain proper safety precautions when changing brake pads or working on clutch-related components to prevent the spread of these dust particles into the air where they may be inhaled. Have an expert perform jobs related to the brakes.