Q: Have to replace my brakes really frequently

I usually make it about 30,000 to 50,000 miles between having to replace brake pads or service the brakes of a car. In my 2008 Hyundai Sonata though, I can barely make it 10,000 miles before the rear brakes get all noisy and start sticking and acting much less smoothly. I am pretty disappointed that this is happening to a car with basically 60,000 miles on it. It is becoming expensive to maintain this car and that is a big reason I bought a Hyundai (to AVOID expensive maintenance). What can I do to stop the brake destruction?

The rear brake pads should last you over 30,000 miles if everything is working normally. In your case the rear pads are not lasting more than 10,000 miles, this is an indication of a problem in your brake system. If your rear calipers are sticking or binding, it can cause the premature failure and excessive wear on the pads. If your front brakes are not working properly they can cause the rear brakes to work harder than they should. The front rotors could be glazed and not having correct stopping force. My suggestion would be to get YourMechanic to do a complete brake inspection and check on your antilock brake system (ABS). The test will check front and rear brake performance and needed repairs to get the complete system working normal again.

3. Have to replace my brakes really frequently