Q: How long does it take to install a block heater?

Just getting my car fixed and wondering how long it takes to install a block heater?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Installing a block heater for your vehicle depends on what type of heater you are installing. Some heaters are externally mounted to the bottom of the engine oil pan and other heaters are inside the engine oil pan. It could take any wheres from 2 hours to 8 hours to install depending if you have to remove your engine oil pan or not. If you need further assistance with installing your block heater, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.