Q: My car keep overheating. Does the muffler sensor have anything to do with that?

My car keep overheating. Does the muffler sensor have anything to do with that? My car has a manual transmission.

The muffler does not have a sensor but you do have a sensor for the catalyst on the engine called an O2 sensor. This sensor will not have anything to do with the engine overheating. You should have the engine cooling system checked for the overheating. You may have a cooling fan that is not coming on due to a fan switch in the radiator or the fan motor is bad. The most common cause of overheating is the fan switch or the thermostat stuck closed. Have the cooling system diagnosed as soon as possible may help to keep from damaging the engine by warpage on the cylinder head or blowing out a head gasket. Check to see if the cooling fan is coming on when you start to overheat and then check to see if cooling fans are getting power or not. The fan switch controls a fan relay and a thorough check of this system will be needed to isolate the failure. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating problem and ensure that the proper is made.

3. My car keep overheating. Does the muffler sensor have anything to do with that?