Q: I replaced my starter, but my car still will not start and keeps blowing fuses

asked by on November 09, 2016

Accidentally turned ignition off while driving and since then it will not start, changed starter and now tries to start but will not and fuses keep blowing.

Hi there. I’m not sure what could have happened when the ignition was accidentally turned off while driving; typically, there should be no issue. The blown fuses are an indication that a component(s) or the wiring in a given circuit is shorted to ground. Identifying the component(s) and disconnecting it (them) would help to isolate the short to ground. For this to be successful, you should obtain some wiring diagrams. Ultimately, I would recommend having your vehicle’s no start condition diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.