Q: Loud pop and started running hot

Car started running hot, seen water hose had busted, replaced hose. Took it on a test run then a loud pop and it started running hot again.

A possibility is a head gasket leak where exhaust gas leaks into the cooling system pressurizing the cooling system and blowing out a hose. However, there are other potential, less serious, causes for what you describe. To get the actual cause of the problem pinpointed, the recommended service is an engine overheating diagnostic. Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. An important thing to keep in mind is once an engine has overheated, you should replace your engine cooling thermostat because episodes of overheating can damage the thermostat. If the thermostat is damaged, and left in place, that can set the stage for future cooling system problems. Again, if you desire that this overheating problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will definitely get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help

3. Loud pop and started running hot