Q: Power loss, won't go up hill.

My truck feels like it has lost all power. It will not go up the smallest incline, especially after running it for five minutes. The check engine light has been on but I was told it was the transmission. I had been using it like that until it did this. The only problem I had before from the tranny was that after running it for 45 minutes, it would jerk a bit when going from first gear. I would like your opinion as to if you think it is the tranny that has gone completely or could it be something else entirely. Thank you.

A: If your engine is revving but the vehicle i...

If your engine is revving but the vehicle is not maintaining speed on hills, then the transmission may be slipping due to internal clutches. Have the fluid checked by an expert to see if it is burned or has metal particles in it.