Q: My 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee shakes when you just sit. Drives great but done know what's wrong any help would be appreciated

asked by on September 08, 2017

It shakes when you just sit but drives good. It lose some power going up hills. I don't know what it could be. Please help

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Vibration at idle is due to either faulty motor mounts or an engine management issue such as faults in the ignition or fuel system, although on high mileage engines uneven cylinder compression can be a cause. You note loss of power, though, on hills once you are on the road. That symptom points to an engine issue for sure. Typical problem areas that a mechanic looks at in a loss of power complaint would include oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, and so forth. Although you have both vibration at idle and loss of power, I recommend you simply request an engine loss of power diagnostic and the certified mechanic will consider the idle issue at the same time as both issues involve engine management. If faulty motor mounts are a cause of the vibration at idle, the mechanic will advise as to that as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr