Q: Air suspention deflating over night two to three inches

The car is loosing 2 to 3 inch over night so i did some trouble shooting. Took the fuse of the air suspension from the glove compartment and waited to see wich Wheel is having the leek and if any air valve block is affected but for one week the car lost 0.15 inch.wich indicate that the leek is somewhere else I.E compressor or ? As the air suspention system was disable to wake up and level the car every 2 hours I'm not loosing any more hight but don't know what I should do the next step of trouble shooting I know there is a valve block inside the compressor compartment so is it it or the compressor or something else I don't know ?? Any suggestions?? Thanks for ur help

A: Unfortunately I don’t agree that the test y...

Unfortunately I don’t agree that the test you have done reveals any answers. Air ride systems have one inherent weakness no matter which manufacturer has created them. That weakness would be air leaks from the air bags, air lines used to pressurize them and solenoids that are used to inflate or deflate the air bags. It is very common for temperature to affect the the ability for the air lines and air bags to seal. When temperature drops, these lines and their seals contract creating small leaks. At least this is the most common thing that occurs. This sort of thing happens with evaporative emission systems as well.

Aside from that, a release solenoid could be activated during the night. This would be due to an electronic issue that you will need a scanner to isolate. Removing the fuse only disabled the electronic portion of the system. The solenoids involved will have seals that contract as well and for the system to release pressure, there will need to be something telling the module ride height has increased. This is possible, but highly unlikely. In addition, most vehicles go into sleep mode and will not take such actions when sleeping. This is in place so that systems such as this don’t drain the battery so much the car won’t start.

There are various techniques to attempt to locate air suspension leaks, but any leaks will be difficult to locate if this is an intermittent problem. If I were diagnosing your vehicle, I would need to have it for a few days. I would let it sit until I observed suspension sag, then I would use a spray bottle with soap in it to try and locate the source of the leak. Again, this can be very time consuming.

I recommend driving the car as normal until the problem becomes more regular, as it may simply be your vehicle adapting to the cooler weather we have entered into. If not, I recommend contacting customer service so they can guide you to the right inspection to help you with your problem. I will also direct them to contact you.

1-844-249-6752 · hi@yourmechanic.com

Good luck! Thanks for your question.