Q: I have a 2005 Dodge Grand caravan. The horn does not sound when you honk, or use the key remote to lock.

asked by on March 22, 2018

The horn on my van does not sound. If I try to honk it does not work. Even if I use the key remote to lock the vehicle it doesn't sound

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Power to the horn is interrupted due to a wiring issue or the horn itself is not functioning. You can use a voltmeter to test for battery voltage at the horn terminal. If there is battery voltage, and yet the horn does not work, the horn is defective and can be replaced. If there is no battery voltage at the horn terminal, the circuit has to be traced to pinpoint the interruption. If you need the assistance of a Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will diagnose the issue and perform the necessary repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.