Q: AC temp knob won't turn all the way to cold.

asked by on September 30, 2016

Second time this has happened. I get in car and start it slowly turn on ac and try to move temp knob all the way down to cold and it just stops moving about a quarter way down. Goes all the way to heat just won't go down to max cold.

Hello. Your blend door is the part of your vehicle that is responsible for blocking off hot or cold air depending on the preference of the driver. The hot or cold knob on your climate control system is connected to a cable that moves the blend door when it is turned. This cable could have and issue or the blend door is stuck in its position. I would recommend having the climate control unit removed from the vehicle so the cable can be inspected. If the cable is faulty, I would recommend having it replaced by a qualified professional in order to resolve this issue. If you need a proper diagnosis for this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the AC system and guide through with repairs.