Clutch failed and im unsure about if the slave cylinder s...

Q: Clutch failed and im unsure about if the slave cylinder seats in the transmission arm is still functional. 94 civic

asked by on November 14, 2017

my clutch failed one day so i began replacing the master and slave cylinder, while removing the slave cylinder i noticed that the arm in the transmission that the cylinder seats it has strange play to it and doesnt seem right.. is there supposed to be pressure from the arm or is the arm supposed to be able to move at all?:

This is normal for the clutch release arm to move side to side as it is in a ball joint and needs to pivot. As long as clutch is releasing properly now you should not have any worries.