Q: Violent shaking when hitting bumps at high speeds

I was driving down the high way around 60-70 mph and i hit some bumps and my front end shook so bad i thought i was going to crash

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The cause for the bouncing around the road is a loose suspension, loose steering, or failed shock. Check all of the suspension control arms and check the sway bars front and rear. Check the track bar on the rear axle as well. Check the steering tie rod ends that connect to the steering knuckle. You will be looking for any out of the ordinary conditions and any loose parts.

You may have to unload the suspension by putting the vehicle on jack stands and manually lifting up the tires on the vehicle. If you need further diagnosis of your shaking issue, then seek out a professional, preferably a YourMechanic professional to help you with your vehicle.