Q: Hitting the gas pedal stalls the motor

I am not sure if the issue I am having with my 2010 Subaru Outback is in the engine or the cvt transmission, but either way it is pretty frustrating at the moment. It hesitates when you press the accelerator and sometimes, usually in the heat, it will just stall. It is really unpredictable and makes me question the reliability of the car if this is happening at 40,000 miles. How can I fix this or at least find out where the problem is?

A: When the car almost stalls, does the Check ...

When the car almost stalls, does the Check Engine Light illuminate? If so, a local mechanic (like those with YourMechanic) can diagnose the problem by scanning the vehicle computers for codes. This could be caused by an electrical problem (oxygen sensors, mass air flow sensor, etc.) or a mechanical problem (CVT, engine, etc.). Subaru released technical service bulletin (TSB 16-95-15) in August 2015, which discusses the diagnosis of CVT chain slip.