Q: Car stutters and makes a clicking sound

asked by on November 03, 2016

I was driving my car last night and noticed it started to studded like shake back and forth while driving. The headlights slowly started to dim. And I could hear a clicking sound on the bottom of my car. I pulled over to check the oil and just to be sure I went out and got some. I drove it this morning but it didn't start resuming the problems til after 30 minutes of driving it. Not sure what it could be.

Hi there. There could be several different possible causes for this to happen and truly needs the eyes and ears of a qualified technician to pinpoint. It could be as serious as an internal transmission failure to something as simple as failing ignition coil. Is the Check Engine Light on when this occurs? And what codes are stored, if any? YourMechanic has several available technicians who can assist you with a car is not getting enough power inspection and provide an estimate and direction of repair.