Q: 2007 jeep compass esp-bas, traction control, and 4wd lights all on seems drive fine and all speed sensors were just replaced

asked by on March 28, 2018

2007 jeep compass esp-bas, traction control, and 4wd lights all on but seems to drive fine and all speed sensors were just replaced what could be causing this also sometimes not often but every now and then it just dies but start back up

Hi Christopher. Thanks for contacting us today. The first question I’d ask is if the stored error codes were cleared after the speed sensor was replaced. If not, it’s quite possible that the reason the lights are still on is due to the codes being stuck in the ECU. Regardless, the best way to determine why these lights are on is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection at your location. This will permit them to download the stored codes and diagnose if your issue is mechanical, electrical or just an ECU glitch.