Q: Vehicle scan showed problem with emissions air pump. My air smog pump was filled with liquid

asked by on April 05, 2016

I've bought a new air smog pump. What other parts would be defective and responsible for filling the smog pump with water/liquid so this doesn't happen again in the new air pump?

The air pump sucks in outside air in the lower front fender area and the car may have sucked in water while the pump was running. The only way to stop water from entering the air pump is to not drive through wet areas or the new pump will do the same thing. Check the inlet for the pump to make sure that it did not come out of position when the new pump is installed. If you need help installing the new pump, a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to make this repair.