I looked under the centre consol of my mazda 3 and found ...

I looked under the centre consol of my mazda 3 and found things were covered in this sticky treacle like substance. do you know what this could be? ...

I looked under the centre consol of my mazda 3 and found things were covered in this sticky treacle like substance. do you know what this could be?

Automotive Expert
Hi! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I **may** need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Typically this is caused by someone spilling a soft drink, coffee, or something of that sort in there. Of course the factory uses lubrication for certain items to help with electrical connectors and moving parts, but this grease is typically clear or white and does not turn brown or sticky. The most likely causes that somebody spilled a drink on it and that is what is in there. My goal is to earn a 5 star rating experience. I hope that I have given you the information you needed. If you have any further questions about this concern, please feel free to reply back to me. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back. Thanks for being awesome and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Thank you that is helpful, do you have any tips for cleaning it?
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome. I would use a mild cleaner such as lightly soapy water to break it up so you can wipe it away. You can also use a mild auto interior cleaner.