Q: Keyless entry is not staying programmed.

My keyless entry stopped working. I tried to reprogram it and nothing. I was told to disconnect the battery terminal to fix any bugs. It worked . The it I programmed again. And it won't reprogram until I disconnect the battery terminal again. And it only works for like an hour then it unprograms again?

Hi there. Check the battery in the keyless entry key fob. Sounds like the battery is no longer holding a charge and needs replaced. When unplugging the battery cable to the vehicle, it resets the keyless entry programming to a generic programming until the key is either programmed or put into the ignition switch. Then the computer recognizes the key and allows the vehicle to start. The battery in the remote will only last up to 12 years. If you need further assistance with your keyless entry, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.