Q: I checked the Check Engine Light and the code P1700 came on which relates to the throttle position sensor. How do I fix it?

How do I fix the TPS? My car lacks power or is slow in idle

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The code P1700 is stored from a faulty vacuum box on the transmission kickdown cable or a vacuum leak. Check under the hood for any vacuum hoses that are broken especially the ones to the vacuum solenoid that feeds the vacuum box. To fix a TPS, all you need to do is replace the TPS sensor. Also check the vacuum box with a hand vacuum pump to see if it holds vacuum. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the loss of power and have this issue addressed.

3. I checked the Check Engine Light and the code P1700 came on which relates to the throttle position sensor. How do I fix it?