Q: Car cranks normally but won't start

Drove the car Sunday morning , came back home for a little while .i had somewhere else to go that evening . The car won't start after multiple tries . It cranks normally but just won't start over . I lift the hood . Had a lot of corrosion on the battery . Cleaned it with coke and a toothbrush . That was my first time cleaning the battery of corrosion since 2014 when I replaced it. What could it be?

Unfortunately for an issue like this, some diagnostic testing will need to be performed to identify if the problem is in the ignition system, the fuel system, or one of several other possibilities. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why your car won’t start for an accurate repair.