Q: Need tips on maintenance for my car that has passed the 80,000 mile mark

My car has about 82,000 miles on it. The only service I have done on the car in the past are oil changes. What should I do at this point to extend the life of the car?

There are quite a few service items such as air filter, spark plugs. Also, various fluids such as engine coolant and brake fluid. Idle and valve adjustments are maintenance items as well. Honda has a full maintenance schedule for these items and others. They are rated on an A, B 1, 2, or 3 schedule, visit the Honda site to find a complete listing for your vehicle. You could also consult a a professional mechanic to go over the vehicle and give you a list of recommended and preventative maintenance items as well.

• Need tips on maintenance for my car that has passed the 80,000 mile mark