Q: Had to jumpstart car but battery new

The car won't start properly. I had to jumpstart it to run. The battery is only a year old. Also, the SRS light is on.

A: Normally, the car's battery is the most...

Normally, the car's battery is the most common cause of no starts. With the battery being a year old, it will still need to be tested to rule it out. If the battery is found to be okay, the alternator would be the next most likely. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will perform a starting and charging system diagnosis. This will test the battery, alternator output, and make sure the starter is working properly.