Q: Engine not getting fuel.

The truck will not start. It could be the fuel pump as the engine doesn't seem to be getting any fuel.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Older vehicles such as your Suburban tend to be a little easier to diagnose. If you suspect a lack of fuel to be your issue you may very well be correct. One trick you can try yourself to verify this involves grabbing both a friend and a can of starting fluid, which you can pick up at any auto supply store. Have your friend sit in the driver’s seat and attempt to start the vehicle while you sparingly spray some starting fluid into the air intake. If the vehicle starts for a couple of seconds, then this is great! What it means is your engine still has some spark but for some reason is lacking fuel, as was earlier suspected. This lack of fuel could be caused by the fuel pump itself, a clogged fuel filter or an issue with the fuel injectors. You will want to be sure to know exactly what is preventing your Suburban from starting so I highly recommend taking this information and passing it on to your certified mechanic who can give a proper diagnosis to your truck.