Aircond fan sometimes does not turn on when ac is on but ...

Q: Aircond fan sometimes does not turn on when ac is on but turns on when radiator fan is on

asked by on November 23, 2017

My 2002 lexus LS430 aircond sometimes blows warm air but it turns cold as soon as the aircond fan turns on (it turns on at the same time when the radiator fan turns on), But shouldnt the aircond fan be on when the ac is on and turns off when ac is off? Or is it about time for the aircond fan motor to be replaced? This only happens intimmitently though

The a/c compressors are known to intermittently not engage on these vehicles and once the systems pressures are verified and no other component is tested bad then the compressor clutch should be checked to see if it is getting power when not engaging to see if clutch is worn and not engaging. If it is getting power and not engaging intermittently then the compressor may need replaced. Have the system checked for a defective compressor clutch.