Q: Dashboard vibrating when engagge into 'D' drive mode also when slowing down to stop at a red light

My car dashboard will start to vibrate when i start to engage gear, thats into 'D' drive & also when going to stop at traffic light. As long as the car is in a stationary position & gear is engagged,you can feel the pulling sensation & vibration to the dashboard. Other that that, the dashboard does not vibrate at all.

A: The vibrations you are feeling may be your ...

The vibrations you are feeling may be your brakes. If the brakes are struggling to keep the car stopped, you may feel the vibrations inside of the cab, and specifically at the brake pedal. Check your brake pads or rotors and make sure everything is working correctly. Brakes are so important you do not ever want to risk them being incapable of performing their job.

On the other hand, this may be coming from the engine compartment. These vibrations are most often caused by a lack of proper combustion in the engine. Start by checking and/or replacing the spark plugs. A weak spark will cause a smaller or weaker combustion, and can lead to other issues if the fuel air mixture doesn’t combust entirely. It is also possible that there is a sensor that has failed. If the Check Engine Light is on, you will want to have the troubleshooting codes pulled from the ECU. A certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the vibration problem if you need further help.