Q: My car idles rough at stop lights.

My car which is a 2008 Nissan Altima has 95K miles. It drives fine. No check engine lights on. When I'm at a red light in gear, my Rpm goes to 500 and it starts to vibrate. When I push the gas or put it in neutral it's fine. No mechanic can help me! I've been told several things from transmission is failing to nothing is wrong. Help plz.

There are a couple of things that may cause this situation. A clogged engine air filter or dirty throttle body may not allow the proper amount of air to flow while the engine is idling and cause a low, rough idle. A faulted mas air flow sensor can also cause this concern as the sensor is offering false information to the engine control computer and an improper fuel volume is being sent to the engine. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of your rough idle concerns.

3. My car idles rough at stop lights.