Q: Oil pressure light and strange noise when I accelerate past 2500 RPM

I noticed a noise coming from my 2009 Honda Accord. When I accelerate more than 2500 RPM, I can hear a noise coming from the engine. Also, the oil pressure light came on. If I keep it under 2500 RPM, there is not any noise and the oil light stays off. I checked the oil, and I think there was a little oil and I also had it refilled recently. I checked the oil gauge and it is at 80%. The car has 135,000 miles. What do you think could be causing this?

A: Anytime your oil pressure light comes on wh...

Anytime your oil pressure light comes on while driving, you should stop driving immediately and have your car checked out as soon as possible. The oil pressure warning light indicates that you have low oil pressure, which can cause severe damage to the engine. The noise you are hearing is likely due to the low oil pressure, and should be addressed as soon as possible. Contact a qualified technician, such as the ones available from YourMechanic, who can take care of diagnosing your oil pressure issue.