Q: Car keeps dying

My car has died on me five times in the last two months. AAA has tested the battery twice and said it should be good.

A: Hi. If the battery is dead every time this ...

Hi. If the battery is dead every time this occurs then it may indeed be a bad battery or there may be an electrical issue. A battery can test fine, but have an internal short that can cause the battery to die over night and not show up on a test. It may also be a parasitic drain, which means that a circuit is staying on that should be turning off. A certified mechanic would perform a parasitic draw test and try to isolate the system that is causing this. If you would like these tests done, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the cause of your car’s dying issue.