Q: Q: Car keeps dying

My car has died on me five times in the last two months. AAA has tested the battery twice and said it should be good.

Hi. If the battery is dead every time this occurs then it may indeed be a bad battery or there may be an electrical issue. A battery can test fine, but have an internal short that can cause the battery to die over night and not show up on a test. It may also be a parasitic drain, which means that a circuit is staying on that should be turning off. A certified mechanic would perform a parasitic draw test and try to isolate the system that is causing this. If you would like these tests done, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the cause of your car’s dying issue.

3. Q: Car keeps dying