Q: My car keeps shutting off

My car keeps shutting off and my lights, radio wont come on plus lights get dim and when i get a boost it cranks up but once we take the booster cables off it shuts back off so what can be the problem with it

A: Hi there. From the description you have giv...

Hi there. From the description you have given, the charging system needs to be inspected. First, the battery needs to be charged and load-tested. Assuming the battery tests good. The battery terminals are clean and tight. From what you described, it sounds like the alternator is most likely not working. There are circuit tests that should be performed before the alternator is replaced. It could be a wiring issue as well. I recommend having your vehicle’s battery problem diagnosed by a certified technician, so that the correct repairs can be made.