Q: No crank issue

About 2 weeks ago approx. 158,000 miles on my car, I began having an issue getting my car to crank. It turns over strong but will only crank early mornings (cool weather). Also shutting off while driving down the road at approx 30 mph. Not a fuel pump, starter, or alternator issue. Ran diagnostics and received camshaft codes. Replaced camshaft sensors on bank 1 & 2. This fixed the problem for a week. Car again isn't cranking after early mornings. Diagnostic code now is P1800. I am aware of the part needed for this code. No other codes found. However my question is what would cause the car to do this. I am out of answers. Please help.

Hello. Most of the time when you get a cam code on this engine it is because of a crank sensor issue. I would replace the crank sensor first. If the problem persists then the timing chain will need to be inspected as a loose timing chain will cause this. Most of the time you will also get noise if it is a timing chain, but not always. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic. as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to do further diagnosis on your cranking issue. They will be able to replace your crankshaft position sensor, or perform any other repairs, as needed.

3. No crank issue