Q: New power steering pump makes noise - 2002 Mercedes Benz CL600

The other day I had the power steering pump replaced with a new one on my car. After that, I kept turning the wheel many times to both directions and started the engine to make sure it all worked fine. I checked the fluid and it was at the proper level. After that, the next time I started the engine, there was a noticeable noise coming from the power steering pump. I turned the engine off and found that the fluid leaked from the reservoir. What should I do?

Hello. From the symptoms you describe, it would appear that you have some sort of power steering fluid leak. If the fluid leaked out in less than a day, then it could even be a large leak. The power steering system is made up of several components, and uses a pump that generates considerably high pressures. This allows the system to provide the vehicle with power assisted steering. However, this can leave it susceptible to leaks as time goes on. Power steering fluid leaks can occur at several components, such as the pump, high pressure and return hoses, or even at the reservoir. I would recommend having an expert inspect the relevant systems to determine where exactly the leak is stemming from.